- Sign Up & Save 15% Top NHL Gear
- 100% Official Merchandise. Officially Licensed.
- From yoga class to spin, running, and circuits you - got it all
- Shipping is Free
- Shop Hundreds of New Markdowns Everyday
- Independent since 1906
- 100% Secure Payment. Free US Delivery.
- Official Merchandise.
- Free returns on domestic orders
- Great deals
- 100% Official Merchandise
- Great Deals
- Up to 65% Off Sitewide. Sign Up & Save another 10%
- 100% Official
- Ask anyone - Alo makes the best yoga leggings.
- Yoga bottoms for all kinds of practice
- Shop over 250,000 Plus Items & Merchandise, Save On Over 100,000 Sale Products
- Shop Throwback Teams & Vintage Clothing Brands
- Get all the best LAFC gear you'll find online at the official online
- You can also customize your MLS jersey and feel like a part of the
- Shop all 30 teams for all the best offically-licensed gear you will
- Amazing Deals
- Ship Free to any store
- Free Shipping on $50 orders online
- $24.99. Adult Fanatics Branded Golden State Warriors Team
- Free Shipping On All Orders
- Free shipping over $59
- Earn $10 credit for referring a friend
- Free Shipping on orders over $150
- Amazing Quality
- Free shipping over $30.
- Free pickup. Free returns.
5 Benefits Of Wearing The Right Wortkout Gear
Getting in regular exercise is important for your overall health and mental wellbeing. But did you know it’s also important what you wear during your workout? It turns out, the clothes you choose can actually have a pretty big impact on your performance. Besides helping you get into the right mindset to tackle a gym session, they provide a host of other benefits as well.
To help your realize the importance of choosing the right gear, we’re sharing five benefits of wearing the right workout apparel.
1. SWEAT-WICKING & BREATHABILITY
Due to the fact that you’re going to be sweating a lot during your workouts, it helps to have the appropriate clothes. And having breathable fabrics that wick away moisture and keep you feeling cool and dry is going to make a tremendous difference in how you feel.
Besides its sweat-wicking abilities, the performance fabric is also great because it won’t promote bacteria growth. Less sweat and bacteria growth means no more smelly workout clothes!
Pro Tip: Cotton may seem breathable, but it starts to get heavy and gross once you’ve been sweating in it.
2. DURABILITY OF CLOTHES
You don’t have to spend a ton of money to get great, long-lasting workout clothes. However, if you’re someone who loves to splash out on expensive leggings, this one may make you feel better. The right workout gear is typically going to be extra durable, allowing you to get plenty of use out of it. Compared to what you’d find at a typical department store or on a sale rack, performance clothing will last for a much longer time.
3. PROTECTION FROM THE ENVIRONMENT
Your workout clothes can also help protect you from the environment. If you’re planning to exercise outside in the summer when it’s hot, loose clothing and breathable fabrics are incredibly important. It’s going to help keep your body cool so you don’t get overheated. Plus, you’ll want to opt for lighter colors to reflect the sun’s rays away from your body.
For the cold winter months, you can layer on clothing to stay warm against the elements. However, it’s also smart to choose an outer layer that provides ventilation, allowing the easy regulation of your body temperature. You can then take it off if you find yourself getting too hot. But it’s also smart to have a breathable shirt on underneath, to promote sweat-wicking.
Pro Tip: Looking for the right mid-layer for your workouts? The Edge Lightweight Hoodie uses premium NASA Space Certified Trizar fabric, allowing for warmth and breathability.
One of the main benefits of wearing the right workout gear is comfort. The worst thing you can do is wear clothing or shoes that you aren’t comfortable in when you hit the gym. The wrong shoes will give your feet blisters. A sports bra that’s too tight will be digging into your back. And the wrong shorts are only going to rub against and irritate your thighs. Not fun!
When you choose articles of clothing that provide you comfort in terms of the fabric and style, it makes a world of difference. You’ll feel confident in what you’re wearing, which allows you to direct your full attention to your workout instead of feeling self-conscious. Plus, it won’t cause you any discomfort that negatively impacts your performance.
5. IMPROVED RANGE OF MOTION
Let’s face it, you aren’t going to go for a run in a pair of skinny jeans. They sure aren’t breathable and they definitely won’t be comfortable. But they also won’t provide you with the proper range of motion you need to complete your workout. The point being is that’s exactly what the wrong workout clothes are going to do to you because they’ll wind up holding you back.
For better performance, your best bet is to choose flexible clothing that allows your body to remove freely. Don’t go for anything too tight or fitted if you feel it’s holding you back. You want your workout clothes to form to you like a glove.