- Named one of the Best Travel Insurance Companies of 2023 by The Wall Street Journal.
- Chat with support 24/7 for emergencies, tips, advice & more
- Access a telemedicine network of 20K+ doctors in minutes
- Very comprehensive top tier coverage
- Broad adventure travel coverage
- No deductible
- Offering a Cancel for any reason benefit (Platinum plan)
- Annual or single-trip plans available
- Many policy types fit varying needs
- Search for quotes from multiple reputable insurers
- Shop around with one application for multiple trip types
- Plans specifically for seniors available
- Additional add-on coverage available
- Competitive pricing for comprehensive coverage
- Multiple plan options with customizable features
- Extensive coverage with high limits for medical and emergency evacuation
- Protects your bags, computers, and sports equipment when traveling
- High levels of medical coverage for seniors up to 95 years old
- Up to $1,500 allowance for someone to visit you in the hospital
- Large insurer with a strong reputation
- Three different cruise insurance plans to choose from
- Multiple plans
- 24/7 emergency travel assistance
- Coverage for medical needs when traveling
- Gives à la carte medical coverage when other trip costs are already covered
Travel insurance helps you protect the financial investment you made in your vacation, whether you booked a tropical cruise or a sightseeing trip to a far-flung land. Though purchasing travel insurance coverage is optional, it does help you avoid losing money on prepaid travel expenses if your travel plans go awry.
Many credit cards offer some sort of travel insurance coverage. Still, it’s important to note that credit card travel insurance does not always include medical or dental coverage, nor emergency evacuation coverage – three of the most important and protective types of travel insurance. In most cases, specific conditions must also be met to qualify for coverage. With that in mind, you should be wary of relying solely on credit card coverage unless you know for sure what is included.
Before you put down a large sum of money on a family trip, an educational journey or a dream vacation you’ve been planning for years, consider buying a travel insurance policy that can reimburse you if your plans fall apart. You can purchase robust policies that cover an array of potential issues – and even policies that let you cancel your trip for any reason at all. You can also buy basic travel insurance policies that cover your trip’s main components like your airfare or cruise fare for a low overall cost.
The best travel insurance companies will reimburse you for medical expenses, baggage loss, evacuation to your home country and more – and all for an affordable price. As your departure date draws near, consider the companies that can help protect you from financial losses if your trip is canceled or interrupted for reasons beyond your control.